Laughter Is Good For Your Health
As the old saying goes “ laughter is the best medicine”
It turns out there is some scientific truth behind this with lots of health benefits associated with it. Laughter is proven to improve your health physically, emotionally and socially.
Among many things, laughter alone can strengthen your immune system, boost your mood, diminish pain, and protect you from the damaging effects of stress.
Nothing works faster to bring your mind and body back into balance than a good laugh.
Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body's natural feel-good chemicals.
Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain
While laughter is something that is readily available to us at any time and it’s completely free, we may not be using it to our full advantage.
As children, we used to laugh hundreds of times a day, but as adults, life tends to be more serious and laughter more infrequent. But by setting aside just 10 to 15 minutes a day and doing something that amuses you, the more you’ll get used to laughing each day and the less effort you’ll have to make.
DID YOU KNOW?
Laughter relaxes the whole body, relieving physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.
The laughter stops distressing emotions. You can’t feel anxious, angry, or sad when you’re laughing. It’s impossible!
Laughter helps you relax and recharge-reducing stress and increasing energy, enabling you to stay focused and accomplish more.
Here are some simple ideas of how you can incorporate humor and laughter into your life.
* Watch a funny movie, TV programme, or YouTube video
* Invite friends or co-workers out to a comedy club
* Follow our page “How I am feeling funny” and join our group “ How I am feeling funny fans memes”. Don’t forget to interact and share yours with us, only if you want to do so.
* Seek out funny people
* Share a good joke or a funny story
* Check out your local book shops humour section
* Host a game night with friends
* Go to a “laughter yoga” class
* Do something silly
* Make time for fun activities (e.g. bowling, miniature golfing, karaoke)
Did You Know?
A child of the age of six years laughs about three times more than an adult.